Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, Attorney
Experience:  Managing Member at Perez-Mena & Gonzalez, LLC
93419235

I have a LLC of which I am the sole member. A customer who

Customer Question

Hello. I have a LLC of which I am the sole member. A customer who owes me a great deal of money has given me a letter stating "we will reimburse you in the future for any bank or tax penalties incurred as a result of this [payment] delay". They are claiming that "you" means theLLC, not myself so that any penalties I incur will not be reimbursed. What is the legal status of my claim for reimbursement?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.For almost all purposes, the LLC is a separate legal entity from yourself even if you are the sole member. The only quasi-exception to this is that the sole member LLC is disregarded by the IRS for tax purposes.