John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney helping businesses achieve their legal and practical goals.
71296933

What is the difference of filing an llc and put it under

what is the difference of filing an llc and put it under another llc? or is this even possible? or, is it better to file a dba name under the llc. it states that anyone can use the dba name but not the llc name.Thanks

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime stay on this page and you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there an answer to the question?

An LLC may be the sole member of another LLC, which effectively gives the member of the original LLC control of the assets and operations of the secondary LLC. For all intents a DBA and this type of LLC arrangement would not have any difference. The only reason to have the LLC arrangement is if you have an asset(s) you want to protect by putting it in the name of one of the LLCs, or if one of the LLCs is performing activities that may make it more prone to lawsuits.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.