Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Counselor at Law.
7286322

I paid for an annual membership at a nanny seeking website.

Customer Question

I paid for an annual membership at a nanny seeking website. I am very unsatisfied with the experience so far.I want to cancel my membership at the nanny seeking website. But their refund policy says "all payments for services/products are non-refundable". I wonder if I can ask my bank to do a chargeback on this purchase? What are the consequences for consumers after they request chargebacks. Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

A charge back is meant for unauthorized charges. This is its main purpose. However this does not stop customers from attempting a charge back if they are not happy with the service.

If a charge back is done, the merchant account (i.e. credit card, etc) asks the seller to provide proof of authorization. If they can provide a copy of your signed contract, etc, then the merchant account normally lets the charge stay. Some companies do not even bother with minor charge back disputes. However some will make it a point to fight every charge back. So it depends on the website company. But if they choose to try to show proof and have proof, the charge will likely remain.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE THREE OR MORE STARS and click FINISH to submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!