Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I signed a lease in my own name for a new business I am

Hi I signed a lease in my own name for a new business I am starting but now due to state requirements, the lease needs to be in the name of the corporation. I need to write a letter of consent saying that it binds the lease to the entity.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only

Is the landlord willing to sign the letter of consent, because the landlord needs to consent to bind the company to the lease and make you the personal guarantor.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

LETTER OF CONSENT ADDENDUM TO LEASE

Landlord Name and Your Name hereby agree and consent to the following change in lease dated (date of lease) between landlord and your name. The parties hereby agree that the principle lessor shall be corporation name and consent to substitute corporation as lessor in the lease document. Your name and landlord name consent to your name being guarantor on lease for corporation in event the corporation is unable to pay.

Additionally, corporation, by and through its principle officer, has consented and agreed to be named as principle lessor in lease of premises located at address.

Signed landlord

Signed Tenant.

Signed President of Corporation (sign your name if you are president and then place a comma and state In capacity of President of X Corporation).

Please do not forget to leave positivefeedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as theexperts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spendingtime with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** has three rooms and I plan to use one room for the corporation and another room as an office for my tax prep sole proprietorship. Will that be ok since I own both the businesses?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that would be fine, since you own both businesses.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Is it possible for you to email me an example of the letter just to be more accurate and precise?

Thank you for your reply.

I wrote the letter for you, there is no other example of the letter. That is what you put on paper with filling in all your blanks and use. You already have an "example" of the letter, that is what I typed above.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, when I read it again I can see where I can fill the names. Thanks for all your help. I will rate you at top.
Thank you for your reply and for doing so.

Yes, the formatting of things on this site is awful, so no matter how we format it initially, when it posts it all looks the same.