Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can you stipulate a time frame to rebut an affidavit?

Customer Question
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/4/2017
Business Lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Ely, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in and was the affidavit filed as part of the complaint/petition?

Or, a motion? If so, what motion?

Ga, if you have a reference that would help also

Thanks. Was the affidavit filed as part of the complaint/petition?

Or, a motion? If so, what motion?

Apart of a Complaint
Attached to a motion? If so, which motion?
It's not in relation to a motion

Thank you.

So this is just an affidavit, by itself, filed by one of the parties?

To what end? What does it state/claim/request?

That a document was not received

I see. Can you please be more specific. I need the background of the situation and the specific reason of the affidavit, including which document was claimed not to have been received.

That a document was sent on a particular day that I never received although the other party say it was sent
I am going to opt out of this thread and open this up for others. Another expert can then help.
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I want to be clear I understand the situation. The plaintiff filed a complaint and attached to that complaint was an affidavit saying that they sent you something, is that correct? The affidavit was not part of any other proceeding such as a motion, is that correct? Have you filed an answer to the complaint?

Infolawyer, Attorney