Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am a sole proprietor in state, who works in a service

Customer Question
I am a sole proprietor...
I am a sole proprietor in Washington state, who works in a service industry. I do not sell any tangible products only my services. What do I need to file quarterly?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/31/2016
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You should be filing estimated tax returns federal and state. If you have an accountant that can be done through the accountant who can give you the payment information or handle it for you. Many such companies also pay payroll taxes quarterly. I hope that is fast and clear. Kindly let me know

I'd prefer to handle it my self. I know there is the Employment security department, Labor & Industry, Department of Revenue, UI Web Tax. I guess my question is do I have to file with all of these people since I'm a sole proprietorship

if not employing anyone, dont need UI. otherwise, all of the above would apply.

Including L &I since I'm not paying workers comp on my self?

Most companies file though a payroll company or accountant, but you can do it yourself if you wish.

Happy new year.

Kindly let me know if that is fast and clear.

No L&I.

Kindly rate me 5 stars. Have a wonderful new years.

Infolawyer, Attorney