Daniel Kokhba
Daniel Kokhba,
Experience:  Partner at Kantor Davidoff
11313492

We have a contract with Cintas for 5 years and of course me,

Customer Question

We have a contract with Cintas for 5 years and of course me, as a brazilian that just arrived in USA (one month before the contract was signed) to open a store didn't know that and sign it. Now, the store is not doing okay and I can' t afford the payments. We are always late in paying our invoices and they come over and removed the carpets but they say that I need pay the balance owned and also I can't terminate the contract. What can I do if I don't have how to pay anymore? Thank you for any help.
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney? When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Michigan Nope, nothing officially
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. First of all, can you please tell me:

1) What visa are you on?

2) Do you plan to stay in USA, or, go back to Brazil?