Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am in debt with trying to start a business, my problem I

Customer Question
listed to the wrong people...
I am in debt with trying to start a business, my problem I listed to the wrong people and invested money that I felt were honest people and I'm in debt with this. I filed my personal taxes each year with my local CPA. My CPA has been sick and taking treatments and was able to get my start up business filed. I have a LLC and this one Co. said they filed for my business for years 2012/13/14. Haven't received a check yet and can't get them on the phone. How do I go about filing these taxes so I can get most of this money invested back. I have all the information. I have the Companies names receipts,and contact numbers. Could you recommend a CPA or someone to help me.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: The only thing is one Company Map Solutions (GPS) in Phoenix, AZ. a guy by the name of Greg Matthews and also Chris Walters who was responsible for tricking me into investing the money said they filed for my taxes which I was supposed to receive around $52,000 dollars whicj I have received a dime. This was in February, 2016. Gregg Matthews called June, 2016 and said their were mistakes made and they were working on it and it would be later before I received it. Gregg M. had been sick and had started working from home, so he said. He said a Luther Phillips was going to finish the work. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone with this Company.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/25/2016
Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

I am attempting to determine if this is a tax question or legal question. If it is a tax/accounting question, then I can put this in the tax category. If it is a legal question in terms of a potential lawsuit, possibly we can discuss it here. What is it that you really want?

I really want to know is this is a legal Company or fraud. Also, if they did file my Income Taxes for 2012/13/14. Also, if this is a SCAM how can I get my money back. I sent in a complaint to the Attorney General in Phoenix, Az. Mark Brunswick. The names of the people I dealt with with MAP (GPS) was Chris Walters -(###) ###-####and Greg Matthews(###) ###-####and Greg's brother Dillen Matthews...

Filing of the complaint with the AG is good like you did. It is unclear to me whether you invested in a company that is refusing to provide you information on the company; or you are claiming that a CPA worked for your company, have not filed taxes for you and refuses to provide you with some type of tax return. Note, Just Answer is not a law firm. We cannot represent you. We can have a Q&A to help understand the issues.

Infolawyer, Attorney