How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1612
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Both my husband and I were volunteers with a 508 (c) and we

Customer Question

Both my husband and I were volunteers with a 508 (c) and we noticed some questionable actions and behavior, especially as far as paperwork is concerned. We both quit working with the organization. Now I'm wondering if something can be done to look into some of these actions. The owner even asked me to help him create a 501 (c) that would branch off and if I would put it in my name, and he wanted both my husband and I to be board members for the new organization, that was the last straw for me because it just didn't feel right. They are claiming to provide services that they do not provide and when I mentioned that he should tell people that those programs are not in currently running, he said that's how he brings in money for the organization. He claims that he's collecting money for Veterans, however he rarely uses any of that money towards Veterans and both he and his wife use the some of the services provided for personal use, and for the benefit of the organization. I just do not want people to be scammed thinking that they are donating for a cause whIle the owner and his wife get personalized cell phone cases made from the money that was raised.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You can report the potential fraud to two organizations. First, you can report the fraudulent behavior to the IRS. There is a complaint process that can be found at the following website:

In addition, you can file a report with the Federal Trade Commission at the following website:

Both these organizations will investigate the fraudulent behavior on your behalf.