LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 25 years experience in the practice of law.
15277592

Is a WF cashiers check made out to corp x from corp x safe

Is a WF cashiers check made out to corp x from corp x safe from a lien against corp x when the lien holder files a claim on the checking account of corp x?
Don't answer my question unless you understand it.

Good afternoon Paul,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. And yes, I fully understand your question.

I believe that you are referring to a levy on the bank account, and not a lien, per se. But quite simply, a levy on a bank account only will effect money that is presently in the account.

So, in your example, if you have a cashier's check drawn on the corporate account that is made out to the corporation, then when the check is prepared by the bank, the bank will remove that money from the bank account. It is essentially the same as taking out cash and putting it under your mattress---but just safer.

With the money no longer in the account, a levy won't be able to get at the money.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply asking for me by name, Doug, in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug