How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2724
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sick during settlement negotiation in the open Court

Customer Question

I was sick during settlement negotiation in the open Court and I found that I should not agree some of terms. What can I do now?
JA: Is this a civil court case or criminal court?
Customer: civic. several days late I was diagnosis by hospital as Episode of Transient neurologic sysptoms
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: Common Plea, PA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The settlement has open number of the money since can not be determined at that time. All number was presented by the other party. I was sick and I did not know what I was saying
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Where you represented by an attorney?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fact is 1. My attorney realized my health condition when I was in the Court. 2. I was diagnoses by ER that I had TIA which means I can not stay whole day without eating. I am 66 years old. My attorney said I need to hire someone to file the petition for re consideration since he said he will be the witness testify in the Court. I consult another attorney and was told US is case law. He can not find any case like that Court allows re-negotiation of the settlement..
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

So, your attorney said to file a petition for re-consideration. It may be difficult to change an in court stipulation when you have an attorney who represents you because the attorney is presumingly vouching for your capacity. You may want to speak with a court clerk to see if there was a case file you can review to see what form would be the petition. We can continue to discuss this if you want to do so.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My attorney said that I need ANOTHER attorney to for the petition for re consideration for re negotiation since he will be the witness in the Court to testify I was sick in the day settlement.
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Yes. That would be true. He would be a witness. Possibly he could recommend another attorney for you. We can continue to discuss.