How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41069
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own an LLC and want to do business in CA. We sell products

Customer Question

I own an LLC and want to do business in CA. We sell products online via Amazon FBA and would need to ship packages to fulfillment centers. I expect to do less than 500k CAD. Should I file for a business number as an LLC or should I incorporate? Thank You.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

You can simply register your existing LLC as a foreign corporation here in California and any other state you would expand too.There is really no need to start a new LLC.California allows for this through the Secretary of State.

Here is step by step with forms.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

To register in California an LLC from another state, country or other place, fill out this form, and submit for filing along with: – A $70 filing fee, and – A certificate of good standing, issued within the last six (6) months by the agency where the LLC was formed.

Form LLC-5 - California

Related Business Law Questions