How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about unpaid sales taxes on WA state LLC

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a question about unpaid sales taxes on WA state LLC closed business
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: it was an audit I live in texas now, can wa state come after me personal
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: audit, and was an assesment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can they put a lien for my credit or personal property if the business was LLC?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately yes, you could be personally liable under WA RCW 82.32.145 if "business entity has been terminated, dissolved, or abandoned, or is insolvent" and you were a responsible party such as the "former chief executive or chief financial officer". Yes they could report this to credit and possibly put a lien on your property or even garnish your wages. The law was changed in 2010 and puts personal liability for not paying things such as sales tax as an LLC.

See link:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?