Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I need a Delaware lawyer to look carefully over a contract

Customer Question
concerning its non-circumvention clause. I've hired...
I need a Delaware lawyer to look carefully over a contract concerning its non-circumvention clause.
I've hired a European web design company (“Company A”) to perform web design services for my US translation agency (single-member LLC, Company B) through Upwork. I would now like to start a US web design company (single-member LLC, Company C) with the purpose of offering web design services. Company C will be an LLC independent from Companies A and B and contract preferably with Company A. I need to know if this would be considered circumvention based on a thorough review of that specific contract.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
10/25/2016
Business Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 1 year ago
socrateaser, Attorney

There are no Delaware-licensed attorneys at Justanswer. Will you settle for a California-licensed attorney who has worked for over a decade for a Dow Jones Industrial Index corporation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure. Do you know how a DE court would rule in such a case?

A non-circumvention clause is interpreted according to ordinary contract law principles. See, e.g., Cura Fin. Svcs. v. Electronic Payment, No. 18278 (Del. Ch. Oct. 22, 2001).

Note: I cannot review a contract, nor can I negotiate price or terms of professional services at justanswer.com. I will have to send you a premium services offer so that we can take the matter offline. Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I'm potentially interested. How much would it be to review the contract?

As previously mentioned, "I cannot review a contract, nor can I negotiate price or terms of professional services at justanswer.com. I will have to send you a premium services offer so that we can take the matter offline. Please let me know if you're interested."

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Infolawyer, Attorney