Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I would like to sue my business partner for fraud and

Customer Question
embezzlement as well as for...
I would like to sue my business partner for fraud and embezzlement as well as for oppression because she has been stealing money from the business accounts writing checks with no money to cover the. For personal usages and for her family members etc. she has locked me out of business email accounts preventing me from accessing accounts which we both signed contracts for to conduct business and has called the companies we have contracts for and told them not to let me access the account there for causing me not to have an income which goes back to the embezzlement as she has deposited every check and take. All the money for accounts which we both worked for she currently remains in the bulding for which j am the primary in the lease as my credit was used to obtain and I added her in the lease as a teneat and opened cell phone accounts for business use under my name which she fails to return the devices or pay the bill and payments associated with her line and the rent for the bulding which I am not occupying as she physically assisted me and I did not return I did file a police report and the advised me I could take out a restraining order which would ban her from the bulding . Legally I would like to take care of the whole situation not sure what to file as all of this took place in the business but I am also seeking damnages against her for the fraud do j file in the county of the business or in the county where she resides?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Not at the moment I would like to file
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
10/20/2016
Business Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Is the business a partnership, a corporation, or something else?

Infolawyer, Attorney