How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a C-Corp that is 15 years old and started in

This answer was rated:

Hi,I own a C-Corp that is 15 years old and started in California and then moved to Texas in 2011.I rented a virtual office in Dallas to be my business "street" mailing address and they receive my physical mail for me and forward that to a service that scans the mail and forwards it to me on my email.Here is a link about that facility: am out of the country 315+ days a year and never go into the "office" and have no assets or files maintained there.Question 1: Do I need to have a Dallas Business license? (When I established this location they told me I didn't need a business license because they had one for the facility.)Question 2: I received an arbitrary tax assessment from the Richardson Independent School District of $5,000+ and am told that I own about $200 in tax.I have no property in that location so my question is how do I handle this?Thanks,Winton

Question 1- No I believe you do not need a business license as you are likely covered under the facilities' license.

Question 2- Yes, this is probably what you owe as part of your use of that facility. Even rental tenants have to reimburse the landlord of their premises for their portion of the property tax.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be appreciated.

Asad Rahman and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you