Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am 53. I worked for Anheuser busch for 20 years as a

Customer Question

I am 53. I worked for Anheuser busch for 20 years as a hourly employee. My pension would be $550 a monthly when i turn 55. I have heard that AB is considering a pension buy out. Can you calculate a approximate value of a lump sum payment at 55?Thanks
Tim
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is virtually impossible for us to calculate something when it is AB who has all of your data and the terms of their buyout for the lump sum. They have to be the ones to make the calculation based on the amount of your contributions and the percentage of their contributions they decide to offer you. Nobody outside of AB can make that calculation and even AB cannot do it until they decide on exactly what terms they will offer the buyout under.