How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a website business, which offers a digital service

Customer Question

I have a website business, which offers a digital service (hosting + template sites) to a niche. The woman I lived with for 17 years is now claiming that it is hers and that she should have equal access to it. I built it. What should I do? My attorney says to let her have access to avoid being held in contempt of court (which she is now claiming). We thought we were married for 17 years but the marriage was never legally valid (separate issue that neither of us are arguing).
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did you read my question at all?