AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

I had a contract with a carnival owner to "honor" a

Customer Question

I had a contract with a carnival owner to "honor" a complimentary armband for K-12 students for any 1 of the 3 days of the Comanche Nation Fair in Oklahoma. He got to pick the terms of his contract for the simple reason of those complimentary passes. What he found out that I got paid in my contract to do that from the Comanche Nation he closed right now and made me give him $20,000.00 to open back up.
He then did not pay any of his contract obligations either.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

I don't quite understand your question. Who is the "he" that you are referring to? And what is the question that you are asking?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like you to read the very short half page contracts and hire you to file suit against him. Where the contract was broken was Lawton Oklahoma. He lives in Illinois and owns property in Illinois and Missouri. He has multiple Fair contracts in Arkansas Oklahoma and Missouri the man has millions of dollars worth of equipment and he hadn't still the only money I had to count on for the winter. I wrote on the bottom of his contract a good faith Clause that basically says if anything goes wrong and doesn't fulfill his obligations he has to pay any legal fees. I need a lawyer that will work for the end of that tunnel because he put me in the position not to be able to keep paying a lawyer

It sounds like you have a strong breach of contract case. I'm not located in Oklahoma or I would be happy to represent you. This website does not allow us attorneys to represent the customers we help. We are here to give information and education about specific legal questions. It does sound like he broke your written contract, and since the contract was in Lawton, OK (I lived there for a while 18 years ago), you can sue him there on your home turf. You will need to find an attorney well versed in contract law in your area.

Does that make sense?

You can research attorneys at lawyer.com or avvo.com.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The heat is the carnival owner. There is not a doubt that he broke the legal contract but it happened in Lawton Oklahoma I live in Houston and he lives in Illinois if I file it a lot how would I ever collected do I need a lawyer that can practice in Illinois and Oklahoma to put a lien on his property because that would be the only way this piece of work would have to pay it. I can definitely sue for 40K on paper and if I win which Im sure it's very plain and simple he broke the contract should owe attorney fees if I win.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry not heat...he
Sorry can't type very well on this phone can you text me tomorrow for more info please I paid for the premium package

If you get a judgment in Oklahoma, all you have to do is "register" your judgment in the state where he has property. Then, after a certain period of time, you are allowed to collect. One thing you can do is record a copy of the judgment against his real estate property records, and then you have to be paid if he ever tries to sell his real estate.