Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I visited California recently, i use a wheelchair. i went to

Customer Question
I visited California recently, i...
I visited California recently, i use a wheelchair. i went to Allied car rental and it wasnt handicap accessible. I believe the building was built in 1969. What can I do?
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: no nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
10/6/2016
Business Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, only buildings that are built on or after 1994 are required to be ADA accessible under the ADA, so unfortunatelly, if the rental company was located in the building that was built in 1969, there would generally not be any legal recourse.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney