Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

How to I get sell a vehicle and get the buyer a title, if I

Customer Question
don't have a title, and...
How to I get sell a vehicle and get the buyer a title, if I don't have a title, and doing a sale pursuant to 1307.307 Lien of carrier -UCC 7-307, for unpaid freight charges.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
10/2/2016
Business Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

To get title to the vehicle, the seller will want to apply to the State DMV for a "duplicate title" (application: http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3774.pdf; instructions: http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/titles-duplicate.aspx).

Once the seller has the duplicate, they can transfer title to the buyer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing in those links indicates, duplicate for the purpose of common carrier lien.

Dear Customer, I am going to "opt out" and allow another expert to follow up with you. Please do not post any further at this time as it will delay the next expert's ability to follow up. If you need any assistance in the meantime, please contact our customer service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help Thank you for using our forum, and I do wish you the best of luck. Bill

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney