How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to I get sell a vehicle and get the buyer a title, if I

Customer Question

How to I get sell a vehicle and get the buyer a title, if I don't have a title, and doing a sale pursuant to 1307.307 Lien of carrier -UCC 7-307, for unpaid freight charges.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

To get title to the vehicle, the seller will want to apply to the State DMV for a "duplicate title" (application:; instructions:

Once the seller has the duplicate, they can transfer title to the buyer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing in those links indicates, duplicate for the purpose of common carrier lien.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer, I am going to "opt out" and allow another expert to follow up with you. Please do not post any further at this time as it will delay the next expert's ability to follow up. If you need any assistance in the meantime, please contact our customer service at: Thank you for using our forum, and I do wish you the best of luck. Bill

Related Business Law Questions