How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10607
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any specific license required to open my business;

Customer Question

Is there any specific license required to open my business; to repair/install commercial appliances such chillers and walk in cooler for California, (already have HVAC diploma and EPA licensed) and if so what is the procedure.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Would you being any repair of home appliances?

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a license as an HVAC contractor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a diploma as an hvac technician.
Would repir only commercial no home appliances
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 9 months ago.

In order to do the type of servicing you are interested in you must be licensed by the Contractor’s State License Board. In order to get such a license you must have four years of verifiable experience in the filed and pass the licensing exam. Here is a link to the CSLB that explains the type of license and the sub-specialties.

To operate your own business you would have to have the required license or hire someone for an entity you create that has the required licenses and will act as the Responsible Managing Officer of the entity you create. An entity would be a corporation or a LLC.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.