Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

If there is no partnership agreement and one partner passes

Customer Question

If there is no partnership agreement and one partner passes away, what happens to the partnership. The 2nd party has a widow that is claiming the husbands percentage is hers. What are the options?
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Only the State and Federal forms. The business has existed for 10 years.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The partnership - is it for a sole proprietorship? Or an LLC? A corporation? Or, not sure?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.