How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just considering information about my options to assess when

Customer Question

Just considering information about my options to assess when legal representation might be necessary.
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: California and no
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I'm a1/3 owner of a CA corp three of us started in 1998 and we were all employees from the start. In January I was told my pay would be reduced to less than half until June at which time my employment would be terminated and they would make some proposal to purchase my shares and pay me monthly against an upside of ultimate corp sale. All financial and other emails stopped at the end of January and I haven't been paid since June when I was paid accrued vacation at the lower wage rate.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I might not be ready to engage an attorney yet?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

What are you seeking? A buy out of shares? An accounting of the books and records? A suit for wrongful termination?