Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

What Licenses do I need to set up a kava bar in Florida,

Customer Question
Sarasota county?...
What Licenses do I need to set up a kava bar in Florida, Sarasota county?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
9/10/2016
Business Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Florida does not have any special licenses for usage of Kava as it is not considered an alcoholic beverage. You will of course need to get a business usage license, fire inspection, have building permits, check zoning etc. The following article has a set by step guide to obtaining all business licenses in Sarasota county: https://www.scgov.net/EconomicDevelopment/Documents/Doing%20Business%20in%20Sarasota%20County.pdf

See link for Florida Department of business and professional regulation: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/

You would not need this unless you decided to serve alcoholic beverages. Kava is currently not a scheduled drug in the US.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney