LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 25 years experience in the practice of law.
15277592

I have a used car dealership corporation and I am

Customer Question

I have a used car dealership corporation and I am considering filing a bankruptcy for the business. I have business line of credit, business credit card, balance with auto auction and some unpaid state taxes. Will filling bankruptcy discharge any of these liabilities or allow settlement ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you file for chapter 7 for your corporation you can liquidate the business and get rid of all of the debts and possibly some or all of the taxes---depending on when they were incurred.

If you file for chapter 11 reorganization, then while your debts may be partially discharged, you will not avoid them entirely.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you be able to take on my case or do you know someone who would?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm sorry, but JustAnswer prohibits us from representing customers of JustAnswer. Additionally, you will always want a local attorney to assist you in any case you might become involved in, because a local attorney will know the other local attorneys likely to become involved as well as know the judges in your county. So for many reasons, you really want to retain a local attorney if you retain one.

If you would tell me the Illinois city your business is in I can get you a list of bankruptcy attorneys in your area.

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im in chicago 60632 zipcode , please send me the list
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. I'll get you the list in short order.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

Here is the promised link. While there are quite a few bankruptcy law firms listed, there are also a lot that will give you a free consultation. http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/stdSearch_process.jsp?stype=BY_ADDR_OR_ZIP&keyword=business+bankruptcy&location=Chicago+%2C+IL&target=FIRM&language=Select+a+language

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do i need to hire a lawyer or i can file that by myself ? also the link you send me not work
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

I'll send the link again. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/stdSearch_process.jsp?stype=BY_ADDR_OR_ZIP&keyword=business+bankruptcy&location=Chicago+%2C+IL&target=FIRM&language=Select+a+language

If the link still won't work, then try copying it and pasting it to your browser.

Legally you cannot represent your corporation unless you are a licensed attorney. Only an attorney can represent a corporation.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening Paul,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I would be happy to offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. As I have already provided you with the information you asked for and if you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be paid for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug