Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I received a "Request and Order to Seize Property" today at

Customer Question
my residents. However, the...
I received a "Request and Order to Seize Property" today at my residents. However, the lawsuit is from a vendor we did business with 2 years ago. My business is incorporated in Michigan, but papers are filed with my personal name and DBA my company name. Can the officer seize my personal property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
9/6/2016
Business Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

No. The officer can only seize what the order specifically authorizes him to seize. The order should state specific item or items by nomenclature, serial numbers or other identifying means. It can't simply say all of the property of John Doe.I hope that this is helpful.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney