Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

After my divorce I had many problems with my business and I

Customer Question

After my divorce I had many problems with my business and I decide to change name and have all the licenses under my cousin, the only thing that THAT IM HAVING PROBLEMS IS with THE BUSINESS LICENSE.
Name change but they return my application because they need a "proof of sale"
If I change owner and name, what can I argue in order not to provide proof of sale? Or if I'm going to have a problem because of sale paying tax for the sale.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I will review it. And then we can discuss it. Sound good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, thanks

Hi again: Question, what is the form of the business: LLC, S-Corp, Sole proprietorship?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sole proprietorship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same, before and new sole proprietor

I need to ask these questions to get a better understanding of the facts. Thanks for you patience. When you said you changed the name, did you do the by paperwork with the county (or other agency)? Also, please provide your county and state. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Orange County in California

Did you actually sale the business? You say you are a sole proprietor. Did you actually stop deducting expenses on your returns, sold the business to someone else, switch the business license into their name and now what to change it back to your name?