How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Fraud attorney TD bank allowed 3 stolen checks to be cashed

Customer Question

Fraud attorney TD bank allowed 3 stolen checks to be cashed without signatures, TD replied they were put in AYM "where no one human checks them" Theses people got money out of my account and I aaccrued overdraft fees in thousands. The bank only gave me 250.00 back, IM out thousands in fees and it was there ATM hat accepted checks, I have sued a bank before and I know TD had been sued in 2013 and 14 for overchargingg overdraft, I need my money back. I filed proper police report reported to homeowners and 250.00 is all NO WAY. Im out of a job and broke due to fees from TD
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you reported the checks stolen, then pursuant to their account agreement with you all of the money should have been refunded to your account, which would be the money from the check and any fees charged as a result of those checks. If those stolen checks caused the overdraft fees they too should have been credited back to your account. If it was not, then you would need to take them to court to recover the fees for breach of contract and also arguing unfair and deceptive practices for charging overdraft fees on stolen checks that are covered under their fraud protection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what kind of lawyer do i need
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You would use a local consumer law attorney if you need one.