Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can a Mexican Trucking company sue US Corporation? The US

Customer Question
hi Pearl can a Mexican...
hi Pearl can a Mexican Trucking company sue US Corporation?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: The US Corporation is in Arizona. The company attempting to sue is a Mexican Trucking Company.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet. Should I?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Other than there is some money owed between both companies.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
8/29/2016
Business Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Yes, if the trucking company files the suit in AZ such a suit may be viable. If the suit is filed in Mexico, the Mexican courts may or may not have jurisdiction over the suit and may have a hard time enforcing it if the AZ company does not have any assets in Mexico.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney