How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MDLaw Your Own Question
MDLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6133
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in independent contractor. What's the law if the company

Customer Question

I'm in independent contractor. What's the law if the company you have the contract with doesn't pay you. Note: I have been invoicing them.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 10 months ago.

Hello Trivia and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. If you have a contract with another party and that party has breached the contract, then your legal recourse is to sue for breach of contract. Because of the amount of money that is owed, you would be able to sue in small claims court and you won't need to hire a lawyer since the rules of civil procedure are more relaxed in small claims court.

Please let me know if this has answered your question and if it has, please be so kind as to leave a positive rating as that is the only way that we experts get credited for the time spent assisting you. If, however, you need more information, please simply reply back to me and we can continue our conversation. Thank you in advance for allowing me to help you today.

Expert:  MDLaw replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know whether you need any clarification.