How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10629
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question on opening a bank account in TEXAS for Gospel

This answer was rated:

Question on opening a bank account in TEXAS for Gospel Express Ministries (TEXAS)
Do I need a form 302 Application for Registration for a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation
My understanding is it would be a “non-profit subsidiary” that operates under our “non-profit 501-c3.” in North Carolina with our own TEXAS EIN # because of our finances being a completely separate entity from Gospel Express Ministries in North Carolina .
My communication with our headquarters in North Carolina they told me the Following ( I think you need a lawyer,go to him for assistance on this because I don’t know how this co-exists with the fact that you are a subsidiary under our 501-c3 with your own EIN #. On this form my understanding is that GEET Inc (us) is the Entity and GET (you) are the agent. However 2B the name is***** Texas NOT because GEET Inc wasn’t available but because we wanted a different name for a subsidiary.)

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I want to be sure I understand your status. You as a subsidiary of the parent have qualified as a 501c3 organization able to take donations that are deductible to the person making the donation is that correct? You also have your own EIN number that is separate from your parent's EIN is that correct?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes to both of your questions

You would file the form 302 to register your foreign non profit. You would use your legal name on the form not an assumed name. Then once approved you would file an assumed name certificate for the name you want to use with the Secretary of State and the county where your offices will be located. Here is a link to the Sec of State site that discusses this under Assumed Names.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

I sent you an answer to your questions several days ago. If you do not have any more questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.

Richard - Bizlaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for positively rating my answer. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.

Related Business Law Questions