Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

I joined a consulting company which is verbally saying to

Customer Question

Hi, i joined a consulting company which is verbally saying to provide trainning and placement for free. but is asking to sign a contract which states to pay $10000 as training fee in lumpsum prior to training need some advice before signing the contract.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you sign that agreement you will, indeed, be liable for the training fee, regardless of any verbal assurance. The signed agreement supersedes anything they tell you.

Do not sign it.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.