How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116727
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Live in an apartment complex for 55+ 150 units over 12

Customer Question

live in an apartment complex for 55+ 150 units over 12 buildings 130 parking spaces with every one in 10 a handicap space including the one I fell over not pained. do not know what law sees about them, I had emeragence unit to hospital and so far 4 visita to ent doctor plus one operation by same dr. will need help with medical bills and pain was harrifick or very bad
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order for the landowner to be liable for your injury, you have to prove that they were aware of a hazard in the parking lot that caused your fall and that they failed to correct the hazard or failed to provide warning to you about the hazard. So, in order to sue them for liability you have to prove this knowledge and you can recover for your medical expenses and your pain and suffering from your injury, which would be about 4 times the amount of your medical expenses.

Related Business Law Questions