How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118674
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is an employee that works on my projects who has

Customer Question

There is an employee that works on my projects who has complained about me to HR for multiple issues ranging from verbal harassment and sexual harassment among other claims. All of these claims have been found non valid by the HR person and have not been added to my file since the claims were outrageous. She is making these claims because her work is poor and I have been working with her manager to improve her work. No work perfomance issues have been filed by her manager although she e=believes her work is poor.
My question is what recourse do I have against the other employee that continues to make false claims against me because I have discussed her poor performance with her manager.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is so typical in today's workplace, bad employees instead of working to do better try to deflect their own issues by making complaints against anyone who dares to criticize them. So, your only recourse would be to file a civil suit against her in court for harassment and defamation/slander/libel for knowingly falsely accusing you of these claims which damage your reputation in the workplace. Of course, this means needing a local attorney to represent you and file suit against her, but if she does not have much in the way of assets the legal fees could be more than you could get and you would have to perhaps consider filing in small claims without an attorney and limit your damages to $10,000.
Suing her personally for her known false claims against you is the only real recourse.