How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 42205
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been receiving SSDI for about 15 years since he

Customer Question

My son has been receiving SSDI for about 15 years since he is MR. I received a letter from SSA that my son went over 'SGA' in 2011 which we knew nothing about. This caused an over payment of about 40K. They discontinued his payments even though we are still in the appeal process. This will cause an extreme hardship since he will not have enough money for his daily living expenses. Can anyone help us and what can we do? We are in Albuquerque, NM.
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You also have the right here to request a waiver of the overpayment claiming hardship.Here is the form to do that.This is a second means to try and avoid any further recoupment and restore his payments.

You would want to file this asap to see if they grant it and restore payments.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.