Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can one partner of a California LLP created to bid on a

Customer Question
construction project not have a...
Can one partner of a California LLP created to bid on a construction project not have a CSLB license?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
8/3/2016
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

The LLC must have at least one person who is as a responsible managing officer, a responsible managing manager, a responsible managing member, or a responsible managing employee on behalf of the company who has passed the exam to get a contractor license. Bus. & Prof. Code 7065. There only needs to be one such person. Not every member has to have the license.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question pertains to a Limited Liability Partnership, not a Limited Liability Company

The general partner would have to have at least one person who was a manger who had passed the test and received their contractor's license. This person can be an employee with no ownership interest but they must be designated the Responsible Managing Employee (RME). Limited partners do not participate in management.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.

I answered your question about a week ago. If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney