How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ray, do i have to get my documents stamped by the court

Customer Question

ray, hi do i have to get my documents stamped by the court prior to sending them to defendants? i am filing the originals in court today but want to mail the defendants theres now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Did you want to wait for Ray to answer? Or, may I assist you with this? This is expert Maverick.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure you can tell me also where do i get a process server for a case filed in district court of az
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

1. The rule (Rule 5) states as follows: (1) Required Filings; Certificate of Service. Any paper after the complaint that is required to be served—together with a certificate of service—must be filed within a reasonable time after service. But disclosures under Rule 26(a)(1) or (2) and the following discovery requests and responses must not be filed until they are used in the proceeding or the court orders filing: depositions, interrogatories, requests for documents or tangible things or to permit entry onto land, and requests for admission.

So, you serve the defendants first and then file them in court within a reasonable time thereafter.

2. Here is a link to help you find a process server.