Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

Marverick, I have a dilemma the court where I filed my suit

Customer Question

Marverick,I have a dilemma the court where I filed my suit wants me to pay for each one of my complaints and I have 3 complaints for the person. The total would amount to $955 for filing how can I make 3 complaints one complaint from the document I sent you via email last week.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers. [Proof that you are in good hands].

Let me find that and I will be back...

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

ANSWER: You should be able to file all three claims in just one document and under one complaint; even if they are for different incidents. For example, I could sue my neighbor for assaulting me today and sue him for breaching a contract with me because he did not pay for the lawn mower I sold him last year and put both causes of action in the same complaint and file it so long as it is within the dollar limit jurisdiction of the court.