Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

What Are The Steps For Starting A Night Club In NJ?

Customer Question
Hi, what are the steps...
Hi, what are the steps for starting a social club in NJ? Also, are there any other permits and licenses that are needed to serve alcohol to members?
Additional Information:
Not talked to any lawyer yet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
7/20/2016
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
A social club may be an unincorporated entity formed for a common purpose of socialization/fraternization of members. The social club can also be formed as a non-profit LLC as a 501(c)(10) fraternal organization by filing your LLC paperwork with the NJ Secretary of State and then filing your non-profit form 1023-ez with the IRS (https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-1023ez).
As far as licenses, if you would be serving alcohol, once you form your club and have a location, you would have to file for a club license with the NJ Alcohol Beverage Control Board to get a permit to serve alcohol on premises.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney