Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

How do I know what kind of partnership to form to limit the

Customer Question
liability of myself and my...
How do I know what kind of partnership to form to limit the liability of myself and my partner? We both live in Idaho and the brick & mortar store will be in Idaho.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
7/20/2016
Business Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren,a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

A general partnership does not limit the liability of the partner. A limited partnership protects the limited partners from liability, but there must be a general partner and they have general liability.

To truly protect yourselves from liability for business obligations you will need a corporation or limited liability company.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we form an LLC with just 2 members?

Yes, you can form an LLC with even 1 member.

Loren, Attorney