KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

My company was dissolved in 2014. There is a NON Compete and

Customer Question

my company was dissolved in 2014. There is a NON Compete and an Assignment clause in the former agreement. My questions are: Are these clauses valid after the company was dissolved?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. If a corporation was dissolved, but a contract was signed prior to dissolution the terms of the contract would still apply to the person or entity who signed the non compete and assignment. However, if it was signed by an individual and not by the company itself, then the documents are only enforceable against the entity that signed the contract. It would only survive dissolution if you signed it personally.I hoe this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed it as an individual.
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.
Then yes, it would survive the dissolution of the company. The only way it would not is if it contained a provision that it would not survive the termination of the company.
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you don't rate the question, I will not get credit for my work.

Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.