Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

The issue is I sold gift card to card cash 500$ they paid me…

Customer Question
The issue is I...

The issue is I sold gift card to card cash 500$ they paid me I then turned around and sold more to them however they are saying now that they will not paying me for this new order and are keeping the cards due to the first cards only being useable in Ca to recoup their money on the first cards. Now They verify the balance and to make sure there is nothing wrong before paying. It states right on the card where it is usable

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Isn't this their fault? now they are withholding payment and keeping my cards and sending me back the first order that is only available here in CA. shouldn't they have to pay for the cards they are keeping? and come after me for the other ones and send those to me? isn't it buyer beware?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
7/5/2016
Business Lawyer: J. Warren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Sorry you are dealing with this situation. You have a claim against them for damages in the amount of the cost of the cards that you supplied and were not paid for. They either need to pay or return the cards. If they do not unfortunately you will need to file a lawsuit to have a judge decide the matter. If the claim is less then $10,000 you can sue them in small claims: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1062.htm

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer at the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons). I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!