How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJLLAW Your Own Question
KJLLAW, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1360
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
KJLLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying exempt status organization. It is a religious

Customer Question

I am applying for tax exempt status for my organization. It is a religious nonprofit organization with the purposes of promoting unity among faith-based organizations, educational programs and missionary projects. I have completed IRS form 1023. Furthermore, I am just missing the last part -completing the schedule. I don't know whether to complete schedule A for church (even though my organization is not a church) or schedule D. Can you please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. You only have to complete schedule A if you are requesting to be classified as a church. You only need to complete Schedule D if you have a direct relationship with a supporting organization who will either fund or control your operations.I hope that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please define a direct relationship? If a church will be running this organization, will that count as a direct relationship?
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask. If not, please rate the question so that I receive credit for the answer.