How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 34743
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was being ticketed bad tail light and the police found a

Customer Question

I was being ticketed for a bad tail light and the police found a warrant for my arrest and detained me for almost an hour in squad car but then released me as could not verify it. From information I was able to get it is totally false case of "harassing communication" that was issued one day after I had reported a radical Muslim student who was in my house with other international exchange students because he underage was giving alcohol to underage students on dry campus (in violation of Koran). I asked an attorney to contact DA of county and get it voided based on all evidence i provided but he has informed me DA cannot do anything unless I am arrested!!!! This is insane abuse of law. How to I get info to get warrant voided and record expunged without being arrested?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What are you trying to expunge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First trying to void the warrant. Find out who issued what why and how. Then get proper person to overrule mans void the warrant so I do not have to be arrested and sue Muslims who misused law to get warrant. Since I have been detained and know it's there and is DeKalb County GA how do I get an attorney to intervene
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

You can find a local attorney to assist here

If there is a warrant, your attorney can help "quash" (remove) the warrant.

Then, if there was an arrest? GA law has a process that can allow you to expunge (seal) the record of arrest. The attorney can help you file that

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Philip, my local attorney says it is impossible to find the warrant because no one will disclose it! I will give you 5 stars if you can answer my question of how to find and "If there is a warrant, your attorney can help "quash" (remove) the warrant." Otherwise I will give you 5 stars if you void my bill because you have really not helped me in any way other than reiterate what I asked in different words ;-)
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...I do not understand what you mean by

it is impossible to find the warrant because no one will disclose it!

What does that mean??

Is there a warrant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Simmons if you read my Q there seems to be a falsely obtained warrant I want to squash do I do not end up with a bogus arrest record that had to be expunged when I am found innocent. Now my attorney says instead of just calling with no one telling him anything he will visit sherif. Please tell me how someone can find out there is a warrant without getting arrested in process - I guess by counsel doing what?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Your lawyer can meet with the county prosecutor and inquire about the status of this "warrant". If there is a warrant the attorney can file the request to quash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phillip thank you. Esq whom I am losing confidence claims they cannot find warrant So proper action is emergency motion to immediately squash given all the evidence I have it is illegal misuse of juridical system. 5 stars and pay if confirmed correct
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Slight correction, its "quash" and not "squash"

IF there is a warrant but there is no evidence to support the warrant (so no evidence to support you committed misconduct)? Then hire an attorney and allow them to file the motion to "quash"