Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

A friend has run chiropractic offices as CEO and is very

Customer Question

A friend has run chiropractic offices as CEO and is very good at the promotion, management and sales. He has a financial backer as well. He would like to set himself up as owner/part-owner of a practice. I understand to own a chiro practice in CA you have to have a license. He does not want to direct the chiro on chiro issues at all dealing with patients.CA would be a good location for him. Is there a legal way around this? Can he be a minority stockholder in a small S or C corp? Can he sign an agreement that he is paid a certain percentage of gross sales or profit even if he is not an owner? I am sure he could find chiros to partner with. Is there a legal way to do this???Also, I heard Texas allows chiro offices to be owned by non-chiros. Is this correct? What other states do this as well?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

For the deposit that you have posted, I can try to assist you with the following two questions. You third question would require a survey of the law of all 50 states. Did you want to still continue?

Is there a legal way to do this in CA?

Also, I heard Texas allows chiro offices to be owned by non-chiros. Is this correct?

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand how the site works. I agree to the terms of the site.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Please note that:

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

For the deposit that you have posted, I can try to assist you with the following two questions. You third question would require a survey of the law of all 50 states which I am not willing to commit to . Did you want to still continue?

1. Is there a legal way to do this in CA?

2. Also, I heard Texas allows chiro offices to be owned by non-chiros. Is this correct?