Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have a question regarding a demand . I have been doing

Customer Question
I have a question regarding...
I have a question regarding a demand for payment. I have been doing business with this company for 14 years I was trying to negotiate a contract and was basically told to go with another company. I decided not to negotiate a contract and continue business as usual. The relationship with the company was no longer viable the materials that I ordered were being delayed sometimes as much as three days causing a major problem with the delivery of my product. The owner of the company insisted that I go with another company and put my count on COD. I had a note with this company that we have been paying a on since 2013. They left me with no option but to go with another company. Basically forcing me out. Once I made the move they hit me with a demand for payment. It's clear to me now that was their intent. I made them an offer of $100,000 a one time payment. Still waiting to hear back from them. Is there any way I can protect myself if they don't take my offer from this deceptive business practice
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
6/2/2016
Business Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you give me some more details about what you feel they did that was a deceptive business practice?

.

Did you not owe them the money on the account?

.

What were the terms of the Note that you had with the company?

.

Was there some type of fixed term Note where could pay it off over a certain time like 2 years, 5 years, 10, etc.?

.

.

thanks

Infolawyer, Attorney