Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My spouse invested in a business . the business after

Customer Question
serveral years is very profitable...
my spouse invested in a business . the business after serveral years is very profitable. do I have any right to the business and future income
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
5/19/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Did he invest before or after marriage
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I invested time doing all accounting services took care of my kids while she worked , phones & networking. as far as capital that I the husband contrbuted I paid every mortgage utility, phone and every expense in the house, and I can document that .
she hasn't contributed for 18 years.
You are entitled to a portion of any income earned during the marriage. If your spouse invested while you are married then you actually have joint ownership of that investment as part of marital property.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney