Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I created a project and the person I consulted to use a service

Customer Question
from has used the exact...
I created a project and the person I consulted to use a service from has used the exact same idea, name and some of the sponsors. Can this be a case of Intellectual Property.Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
5/16/2016
Business Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
It could. You would have o prove that the software being used is based upon your idea and build an infringement case. These types of lawsuits can become very expensive and it may be prudent to send a cease and desist letter to avoid a costly lawsuit.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So this is a detailed brief of what happened. can you be a little more detailed in what I should do.
I am the Project founder, I founded this project several years ago. We had a facility where we were planning to create this event in, there was an Asst. Director for Events which was part of the facility. She sat in most of our meetings and also signed a few contracts of participation because she was going to provide models for the show. When we were going to sign the contract for the facility, The fees had gone up immensely and me and my team decided to hold off on contracting the facility, we negotiated for about 1/2 year more without any success. At that time I had a major family crisis and all my plans were frozen. Recently I've been researching my project to develop my plan. When I surprisingly found my project in full motion, the creator being the Asst.Director of events from the facility where I was planning to have the event. She used my projects name, idea, concept and some of my sponsors.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney