How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116757
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am I non-US citizen, who resides outside of the US,

Customer Question

I am I non-US citizen, who resides outside of the US, however I own a Wyoming LLC. I am looking to setup an online ecommerce store that sells cigarettes through the LLC on a subscription basis for personal use. However I do not wish to sell to US customers at all, there will not be an option for the on the website. The cigarettes would come from outside of the US, and be sold to international customers. The cigarettes would not originate from the purchasers country. Is there any specific US license or regulation that the Wyoming LLC would have to comply with given the circumstances.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, that is the good thing about internet commerce right now, there are no special licenses or permits required. Even for your proposed business venture, since you are not selling any US product to US customers, there is no tobacco tax that is due or anything else. You can simply sell using your WY LLC as the conduit for sales.